As a result of more than 250 submissions to Council, the developer behind DA 0824/16DA, Gowings, has been asked to explain, elaborate, address or otherwise amend their proposal. The Moonee community and their supporters deserve a high-five: that’s a great result.
In part, here’s what Gowings has been asked to explain:
- Harmful effects of benzene and other pollutants to the neighbourhood;
- Amentiy and need for 24-hour operation;
- Traffic and entry/exit points;
- Loss of village character.
Council’s engineer and RMS have raised further points including:
- The driveway on Moonee Beach Road (left turn only);
- The driveway on Sullivans Road should be left turn exit only;
- The access to the Moonee Marketplace should be upgraded;
- And a few other alterations to existing infrastructure.
Read the full text by downloading the document below.